Originally built in the late 19th century as store-rooms for the village bakery, your comfortable self-catering holiday home, located in the very centre of leafy Strathpeffer village, now offers homely two-bedroom accommodation for up to four people.
This unique property is on two floors, yet both floors have doorways opening to ground level. On the lower floor, you will find the bathroom and two bedrooms.
On the upper floor is the warm and cosy lounge with dining area, and fully fitted kitchen.
The Old Bakery is double glazed and centrally heated by radiators throughout.
* A comfortable lounge with wood-burning stove, 'smart' TV, DAB radio
* A dining area, open-plan to the lounge
* A double bedroom with a standard-size double bed, bedding and towels
* A twin bedroom with two single beds, bedding and towels
* A bathroom with bath, wash basin, wc and overbath electric shower
* A kitchen with ample worktop and cupboard space, ceramic hob, double-oven, 2-door fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washing machine, microwave, toaster, electric kettle, pots, pans, crockery, cutlery
* PLUS: Full central heating, Double glazing, Private off-road parking, FREE Wi-Fi
* But - No dogs please
* And - because of the staircase down from the lounge - no toddlers please
Following the discovery of a mineral water spring in the 19th century, Strathpeffer village was developed by the Victorians as a spa resort. Trees were planted, and many fine mansions, hotels, shops, and even a railway station, were built. Today, the village retains its unique Victorian charm, though the spa, and station, are no longer active.
Strathpeffer village boats a scenic 18-hole golf course, and welcomes guests.
Wooded hillsides rise around the village, making available many fine walking routes right from The Old Bakery door, and all routes provide the opportunity to take in some fine views.
Travelling by car, visitors may wish to explore the neighbouring small town of Dingwall, or the peaceful and beautiful Black Isle, or the many historic fishing villages on the nearby coast.
The Old Bakery
Phone: +44 (0)1470 521755
Richard and Sue
Isle of Skye